How much are the Scholarships worth?
The two scholarships are worth $3000.00 each. Payments will consist of two $1500.00 payments per semester, for one year only. This is upon receipt of required documentation.
What happens to my application?
Applications for the Aboriginal Scholarship will be assessed by the Glenelg Mara Quorin Aboriginal Advisory Committee. This committee has representatives from Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation, Dhauwurd-Wurrung Elderly and Community Health Services Inc., Gunditj Mirring Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation and the Glenelg Shire Council.
A recommendation will be made to Glenelg Shire Council and once the successful applicants have been selected, all applicants will be notified as soon as practical.
How do I know my application has been received?
You will receive a confirmation within 7 days that your application has been received. Applications will be accepted until 5pm Friday 18 October 2019
If I am successful, what conditions apply to me?
The following conditions apply to all recipients of the Aboriginal Education Scholarship
· Be willing to undertake continuous study within the 12 months from the commencement of nominated course at the nominated educational institute.
· Must notify the Glenelg Shire Council if you cease studying.
· Provide satisfactory evidence at the end of each semester as required. This could be academic transcript/results.
If I am successful, what can I use my scholarship funds for?
The scholarship funds can be used for:
1. Course fees
2. Course requirements such as school books, stationary and equipment.
3. Compulsory clothing/footwear
4. Travel expenses