Why do we need a new General Local Law?

    Council and the community have certain expectations to ensure that they can have fair use and enjoyment of public places and private land without being adversely affected by the actions of others. This Local Law details these expectations and provides Council the ability to control and where necessary enforce.

    How long will the General Local Law remain in place?

    Unless revoked earlier, the Local Law will remain in place for 10 years.

    When will the submissions close?

    Submissions must be received on or before Thursday 30 November 2017

    Why is a cat curfew being introduced?

    Uncontrolled cats, particularly at night, are a risk to native animals, contribute to feral cats and over population and also spread disease.

    Why are you restricting my right to use motor bikes on my land?

    Most people who allow motor bikes to be ridden on their private land are respectful of others to ensure that they are not unreasonably affected by the activity from such things as noise, dust, smell etc. However this is not always the case and some people allow the use of motor bikes for lengthy periods of time and this can affect the peace and enjoyment of others in the neighbourhood. This provision gives Council the ability to try and find an agreement between the affected parties.

    Can I occupy a caravan for more than 30 days on private land?

    People can occupy a caravan on private land for 30 consecutive days or no more than a total of 30 days in a 6 month period without a permit. People who want to occupy a caravan for longer on private land will be required to apply for a permit so that consideration can be given to such things as connection to waste water, water and electricity as well as the location to urban residential areas etc.